Friday, September 7, 2012

Baby Shower Gift Idea

I wanted to put together a gift basket for a co-worker and his wife who are expecting.  I decided to put my coupon experience to work.  I thought about all of the things we use or used for our little ones and made a list of things that would come in handy.  I waited for each of the items to be on sale and paired the sales with coupons. 
I bought a basket at Michael's when I had a 40% off one item coupon.  I'm not a big fan of making a gift basket with cellophane, so I thought I'd try something new, tulle.  It's light weight, it comes in a variety of colors, you can see through it, and it's affordable.

To assemble the basket, I lined the basket with the tulle.  I then placed two receiving blankets in to cover the bottom and sides.  Then I arranged each of the items in the basket. 
Simply pull the tulle up and gather it at the top. Tie it off with some decorative ribbon (purchased at Michael's with a 40% off coupon), and trim the tulle as needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment