Monday, July 29, 2013

Giving New Life to Expired Coupons

I have always hated to throw out expired coupons.  Last year I learned that military families stationed overseas can use expired coupons up to 6 months past their expiration date.  I found Expired Coupons For Overseas Military, an organization that matches up overseas families with state-side families.
Right now, ECOM has a 3+ month wait list for families to be adopted.  They would really like to hear from anyone who is serious about adopting a family to send coupons to each month.  They ask that you send out coupons every 4 to 6 weeks, and that you send coupons that are no more than 4 months past their expiration date.  In case you were not already aware, the cost of sending an envelope/package to an overseas military address is the same as sending within the US.
I have been doing this for a year or so now, and with my mom's help, we collect enough coupons to adopt a second family.  Personally, I like knowing that even if I missed out on using a good coupon, someone else may be able to use it.
If you are interested in adopting a family, you can contact Celeste at ecommail2011@gmail.com.  If you would like more information, check out their Facebook page:  Expired Coupons for Overseas Military.

No comments:

Post a Comment