Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Pork Be Inspired - BzzAgent Campaign

As part of my BzzKit for the Pork Campaign from BzzAgent I received a coupon for $5 off my next Pork purchase.  There was also a nice little booklet with facts about the different cuts and proper preparation.

Until I started cooking for myself, we (as a family) didn't eat much pork.  Generally it would be breaded pork chops that were very dry.  Since I am more willing to experiment with recipes, I have found that pork doesn't have to be dry an unappealing!

One of the recipes in the BzzKit was for Italian Pork and Vegetable Saute.

My father is somewhat unadventurous when it comes to dinner.  I am confident that he will be willing to try this meal then next time they come over for dinner with us!  I'm crossing my fingers!
If you are interested in trying the recipe, click HERE to find it.

Last year I ventured into the area of making homemade tamales.  I was intimidated since I had always heard that tamales are so hard to make.  I was pleasantly surprised to find that making a good tamale isn't hard at all, it is just time consuming.  Our favorite are pork tamales.  To prepare the meat I throw the pork shoulder in the crock pot overnight and let it cook.  The next day it is fork tender and ready for tamale assembly.  The pork shoulder stretches better than chicken or beef and is so moist and tender.  I look forward to making my next batch in the coming weeks.

If you would like to try new products and talk to your friends about them, check out BzzAgent.

No comments:

Post a Comment